A Message from Jen & Paul
On behalf of the AAF Hawaii Board of Directors and your “host” agency Wall-to-Wall Studios, welcome to the first ever Online Pele Show: “Let’s Win a Pele!”
2020 has certainly been a year of “firsts,” many unwelcomed of course, and having a completely virtual show wasn’t something we ever envisioned when we embarked on our planning for this year’s show. But we hope that you will enjoy the online experiences our team has worked incredibly hard to produce. To all of the entrants and winners: Congratulations on a job well done! While we would have loved to have honored you all in person, we hope this will suffice for now.
We are grateful for your support and enthusiasm for our industry and for always striving to create work that is strategic and inspiring. Please stay healthy and safe. We look forward to celebrating with you sometime in the not-so-distant future!
2019-2020 President, AAF Hawaii
Lead creative agency, Wall-to-Wall Studios
While we are all adjusting to a new normal during this crazy pandemic, I wanted to take this time to say Mahalo for all of your support and understanding with regards to this year’s 2020 Pele Awards Competition. In March, our 2020 Pele Judges – David Flanagan, Jennifer Morla and Diogo Valim were in Honolulu tasked with judging over 400 Professional & College entries. Who would’ve thought that within the weeks to follow, we would be under a lockdown resulting in the cancellation of our awards show for the first time in over 35 years.
So, like everyone else, we needed to figure out Plan B. Introducing: the first virtual Pele Awards Show via Facebook Live. And before the summer ends, the plan is to hold a celebration cocktail party where you’ll be able to pick up & take photos with your awards.
I’d like to say Much Mahalo to the following:
- Lead Creative Agency, Wall-to-Wall Studios.
- Official Printer, Matt Heim and the team from HonBlue.
- James Sereno & Amanda Shigeoka of Kinetic Productions for producing our High School, College & Professional Sizzle Reels.
- Kelii Grace of KSG Films for Judging Day Interviews and Broll.
- John Teruya of the Pagoda Floating Restaurant and his staff for being such a gracious and generous Judging Venue Host.
- Jason Cutinella of NMG Network, our College & High School Presenting Sponsor who’s providing a Cash Scholarship to our Best of Show Student Winners for the 3rd year in row.
- Maile Takashima Alsup for assistance with Judging.
- Allan Garcia of PhotoOps, our official AV Vendor.
- MVNP, last year’s Lead Creative Agency who has been “on call” helping us out throughout the year.
- And countless others for helping me “make” the Pele Awards season happen each year.
Wishing you all to stay well and please take care.
My Sincerest Aloha,
Pele Awards Chair